Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Results 91 to 98 of 98

Thread: School Board meeting

  1. #91
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    You're hopeless, man. keep fighting the windmill...

  2. #92
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: School Board meeting

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're hopeless, man. keep fighting the windmill... </div></div>
    Now you want to use wind power? Are you a Kennedy? Who is hopeless? Dig, boy dig. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

  3. #93
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: School Board meeting

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R0cketer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you trying to say that school board members got 70000? Please tell me I skimmed that wrong.

    </div></div>You have a PM

  4. #94
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    *shakes head*

    No I agree with Spuds on a lot of his comments but I would sacrifice body organs betting don't get paid 70000 a year. I looked it up and Fairfax pays theirs 12,000 a year, with the chairman getting an extra 1,000.

    So someone wants to try and convince me that Wise County pays their members close to 6 times what Fairfax does?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  5. #95
    Inactive Member Widespread_Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2004
    Posts
    325
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    I'd be surprised if it's more than $300 a month.
    The test is simple, if "your" team wins a national championship, do you get a championship ring? If the answer is yes, then you can say "we." If not, you can't.

  6. #96
    Inactive Member swvacsas's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    [quote] [/Nothing wrong with a tax increase. Wise Co's taxes are already lower than those of neighboring counties (except the BS personal property).quote]
    Yesterday I talked to an older couple I am kin to from Coeburn. They hadn't made it over in a while due to gas prices and also were quite worried about their heating bills this winter. They fall into that category of seniors who can't get tax relief but can't afford an increase in property taxes. These folks are a good example of why we cannot put taxaholics in office. Just because some neighbors of Wise County have been foolish and extravagent- we should not in any way attempt to emulate them. When they left I urged them to vote for Kyle Fletcher- I believe they shall do so- in comparision to his opponent who has openly said she would consider raising taxes. I have never yet seen a candidate who said they would consider a tax increase that failed to stick it to the public at every opportunity. If Vanessa Perry were elected the she will have her hand in the pocketbook of every taxpayer in the county and they will all feel the pinch. Many past school bord members have been fiscally irresponsible which is why we even have this controversy. With $3.00 a gallon gas and the other expenses of life going up we cannot afford new taxes.

  7. #97
    Inactive Member imported_six4three's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    571
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    first of all, the school board does not have the power to levy taxes. both perry and fletcher are campaigning on school consolidation. perry wants 3 new schools and fletcher wants to build 2 new ones and keep st. Paul as is.

  8. #98
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: School Board meeting

    Quote Originally Posted by imported_UKCats1 View Post
    Here is what is going to happen. They are going to renovate Kelly, PV, and Coeburn first then they are going to consolidate all the schools into these three. You heard it here first, mark it down I'm telling you that will happen.
    another blast from the past
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •